My primary goal is to improve the clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from hip and ankle pathology using volumetric imaging (CT, MRI), dynamic imaging (dual fluoroscopy), motion analysis, and computational modeling (musculoskeletal/FE/statistical shape modeling). My research group has expertise in femoroacetabular impingement, hip dysplasia, and ankle arthritis. We analyze how abnormal anatomy influences human biomechanics at multiple levels of the physiome for these conditions – from analysis of whole-body kinematics to quantification of cartilage contact mechanics.
One of my team’s specialties is incorporating patient-specific variables, such as anatomy, muscle geometry, and motion profiles, to better-understand how these features (unique to the individual) pre-dispose the ankle and hip joints to early degeneration. In doing so, we hope to illuminate novel strategies to diagnose and treat joints early in the stages of osteoarthritis such that we can prevent or delay the need for joint replacement.
My group is also leading the development and deployment of 3D methods that objectively diagnose conditions such as femoroacetabular impingement and dysplasia. With NIH funding, we are using statistical shape modeling to characterize anatomical variation among groups and sub-groups of patients with abnormally shaped hips. These models should reduce misdiagnosis rates and assist clinicians with selecting the most appropriate treatment.
Finally, my lab quantifies motion of human joints using a combination of high-speed dual fluoroscopy and skin marker motion analysis. Here, we seek to establish the relationship between form (i.e. anatomy) and function (i.e. joint motion). We are currently extending this protocol to image patients before and after surgery to quantify the extent in which treatment restores joint function.
My group maintains active collaborations with surgeons and researchers in the Department of Orthopaedics, as well as Bioengineering and Physical Therapy. We also collaborate with computer scientists at the Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute and School of Computing
<p>Combine principles of experimental and computational and experimental engineering mechanics, motion analysis, and imaging to solve unique problems in biomedical engineering and orthopaedics. Mentor students across multiple sub-disciplines of Bioengineering and Physical Therapy.</p>
University of Utah Department of Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Research Laboratory
University Of Utah
Mayo Clinic, Orthopaedic Biomechanical Laboratory
Michigan Technological University
- Atkins PR, Morris A, Elhabian SY, Anderson AE (2023). A Correspondence-Based Network Approach for Groupwise Analysis of Patient-Specific Spatiotemporal Data. Ann Biomed Eng.
- Khan N, Peterson AC, Aubert B, Morris A, Atkins PR, Lenz AL, Anderson AE, Elhabian SY (2023). Statistical multi-level shape models for scalable modeling of multi-organ anatomies. Front Bioeng Biotechnol, 11, 1089113.
- Peiffer M, Duquesne K, Van Oevelen A, Burssens A, De Mits S, Maas SA, Atkins PR, Anderson AE, Audenaert EA (2023). Validation of a personalized ligament-constraining discrete element framework for computing ankle joint contact mechanics. Comput Methods Programs Biomed, 231, 107366.
- Schuring LL, Mozingo JD, Lenz AL, Uemura K, Atkins PR, Fiorentino NM, Aoki SK, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2022). Acetabular labrum and cartilage contact mechanics during pivoting and walking tasks in individuals with cam femoroacetabular impingement syndrome. J Biomech, 146, 111424.
- Lewis CL, Uemura K, Atkins PR, Lenz AL, Fiorentino NM, Aoki SK, Anderson AE (2022). Patients with Cam-Type Femoroacetabular Impingement Demonstrate Increased Change in Bone-to-Bone Distance during Walking: A Dual Fluoroscopy Study. J Orthop Res, 41, 161-169.
- Lenz AL, Lisonbee RJ, Peterson AC, Roach KE, Foreman KB, Barg A, Anderson AE (2022). Total Ankle Replacement Provides Symmetrical Postoperative Kinematics: A Biplane Fluoroscopy Imaging Study. Foot Ankle Int, 43(6), 10711007221078001.
- Mozingo JD, Schuring LL, Mortensen AJ, Anderson AE, Aoki SK (2022). Effect of Patient Positioning on Measurement of the Anterior Center-Edge Angle on False-Profile Radiographs and Its 3-Dimensional Mapping to the Acetabular Rim. Orthop J Sports Med, 10(2), 23259671211073834.
- Uemura K, Hiraiwa T, Okamoto M, Tokunaga K, Anderson AE (2022). The anterior center edge angle has limited ability to predict three-dimensional coverage of the femoral head in patients with developmental dysplasia of the hip undergoing curved periacetabular osteotomy. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg.
- Atkins PR, Agrawal P, Mozingo JD, Uemura K, Tokunaga K, Peters CL, Elhabian SY, Whitaker RT, Anderson AE (2021). Prediction of Femoral Head Coverage from Articulated Statistical Shape Models of Patients with Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip. J Orthop Res, 40, 2113-2126.
- Todd JN, Maak TG, Anderson AE, Ateshian GA, Weiss JA (2021). How Does Chondrolabral Damage and Labral Repair Influence the Mechanics of the Hip in the Setting of Cam Morphology? A Finite-Element Modeling Study. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 480, 602-615.
- Goparaju A, Iyer K, Bne A, Hu N, Henninger HB, Anderson AE, Durrleman S, Jacxsens M, Morris A, Csecs I, Marrouche N, Elhabian SY (2021). Benchmarking off-the-shelf statistical shape modeling tools in clinical applications. Med Image Anal, 76, 102271.
- Anderson AE (2021). CORR Insights®: Is Anterior Rotation of the Acetabulum Necessary to Normalize Joint Contact Pressure in Periacetabular Osteotomy? A Finite-element Analysis Study. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 480, 79-81.
- Atkins PR, Fiorentino NM, Anderson AE (2021). In Vivo Quantification of Hip Arthrokinematics during Dynamic Weight-bearing Activities using Dual Fluoroscopy. J Vis Exp, (173).
- Christensen JC, Pelt CE, Bo Foreman K, LaStayo PC, Anderson AE, Gililland JM, Mizner RL (2021). Longitudinal study of knee load avoidant movement behavior after total knee arthroplasty with recommendations for future retraining interventions. Knee, 30, 90-99.
- Lenz AL, Krhenbhl N, Peterson AC, Lisonbee RJ, Hintermann B, Saltzman CL, Barg A, Anderson AE (2021). Statistical shape modeling of the talocrural joint using a hybrid multi-articulation joint approach. Sci Rep, 11(1), 7314.
- Kolz CW, Sulkar HJ, Aliaj K, Tashjian RZ, Chalmers PN, Qiu Y, Zhang Y, Bo Foreman K, Anderson AE, Henninger HB (2021). Age-related differences in humerothoracic, scapulothoracic, and glenohumeral kinematics during elevation and rotation motions. J Biomech, 117, 110266.
- Roach KE, Foreman KB, MacWilliams BA, Karpos K, Nichols J, Anderson AE (2021). The modified Shriners Hospitals for Children Greenville (mSHCG) multi-segment foot model provides clinically acceptable measurements of ankle and midfoot angles: A dual fluoroscopy study. Gait Posture, 85, 258-265.
- Uemura K, Atkins PR, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2019). The effect of pelvic tilt on three-dimensional coverage of the femoral head: A computational simulation study using patient-specific anatomy. Anat Rec (Hoboken), 304(2), 258-265.
- Krhenbhl N, Lenz AL, Lisonbee RJ, Peterson AC, Atkins PR, Hintermann B, Saltzman CL, Anderson AE, Barg A (2020). Morphologic analysis of the subtalar joint using statistical shape modeling. J Orthop Res, 38(12), 2625-2633.
- Atkins PR, Hananouchi T, Anderson AE, Aoki SK (2020). Inclusion of the Acetabular Labrum Reduces Simulated Range of Motion of the Hip Compared With Bone Contact Models. Arthrosc Sports Med Rehabil, 2(6), e779-e787.
- Agrawal P, Mozingo JD, Elhabian SY, Anderson AE, Whitaker RT (2020). Combined Estimation of Shape and Pose for Statistical Analysis of Articulating Joints. Shape Med Imaging (2020), 12474, 111-121.
- Kolz CW, Sulkar HJ, Aliaj K, Tashjian RZ, Chalmers PN, Qiu Y, Zhang Y, Foreman KB, Anderson AE, Henninger HB (2020). Reliable interpretation of scapular kinematics depends on coordinate system definition. Gait Posture, 81, 183-190.
- Fiorentino NM, Atkins PR, Kutschke MJ, Bo Foreman K, Anderson AE (2020). Soft tissue artifact causes underestimation of hip joint kinematics and kinetics in a rigid-body musculoskeletal model. J Biomech, 108, 109890.
- Uemura K, Atkins PR, Okamoto M, Tokunaga K, Anderson AE (2020). Can measurements from an anteroposterior radiograph predict pelvic sagittal inclination? J Orthop Res, 38(7), 1477-1485.
- Anderson AE (2020). CORR Insights®: Does Coronal Plane Malalignment of the Tibial Insert in Total Ankle Arthroplasty Alter Distal Foot Bone Mechanics? A Cadaveric Gait Study. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 478(7), 1696-1698.
- Blair DJ, Barg A, Foreman KB, Anderson AE, Lenz AL (2020). Methodology for Measurement of in vivo Tibiotalar Kinematics After Total Ankle Replacement Using Dual Fluoroscopy. Front Bioeng Biotechnol, 8, 375.
- Van Houcke J, Audenaert EA, Atkins PR, Anderson AE (2020). A Combined Geometric Morphometric and Discrete Element Modeling Approach for Hip Cartilage Contact Mechanics. Front Bioeng Biotechnol, 8, 318.
- Atkins PR, Fiorentino NM, Hartle JA, Aoki SK, Peters CL, Foreman KB, Anderson AE (2019). In Vivo Pelvic and Hip Joint Kinematics in Patients With Cam Femoroacetabular Impingement Syndrome: A Dual Fluoroscopy Study. J Orthop Res, 38(4), 823-833.
- Lenz AL, Nichols JA, Roach KE, Foreman KB, Barg A, Saltzman CL, Anderson AE (2020). Compensatory Motion of the Subtalar Joint Following Tibiotalar Arthrodesis: An in Vivo Dual-Fluoroscopy Imaging Study. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 102(7), 600-608.
- Murphy MM, Atkins PR, Kobayashi EF, Anderson AE, Maak TG, Nechyporenko AV, Aoki SK (2018). Assessment of Acetabular Morphology Using the Acetabular Anterior Center-Edge Angle on Modified False-Profile Radiographs. Arthroscopy, 35(11), 3060-3066.
- Uemura K, Atkins PR, Anderson AE (2019). The effect of using different coordinate systems on in-vivo hip angles can be estimated from computed tomography images. J Biomech, 95, 109318.
- Uemura K, Atkins PR, Anderson AE, Aoki SK (2019). Do Your Routine Radiographs to Diagnose Cam Femoroacetabular Impingement Visualize the Region of the Femoral Head-Neck Junction You Intended? Arthroscopy, 35(6), 1796-1806.
- Nichols JA, Foreman KB, Barg A, Saltzman CL, Anderson AE (2019). Ankle strength, muscle size, and adipose content following unilateral tibiotalar arthrodesis. J Orthop Res, 37(5), 1143-1152.
- Anderson AE (2019). CORR Insights®: Patient Age and Hip Morphology Alter Joint Mechanics in Computational Models of Patients with Hip Dysplasia. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 477(5), 1246-1248.
- Krhenbhl N, Lenz AL, Lisonbee R, Deforth M, Zwicky L, Hintermann B, Saltzman CL, Anderson AE, Barg A (2019). Imaging of the subtalar joint: A novel approach to an old problem. J Orthop Res, 37(4), 921-926.
- Song K, Anderson AE, Weiss JA, Harris MD (2019). Musculoskeletal models with generic and subject-specific geometry estimate different joint biomechanics in dysplastic hips. Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin, 22(3), 259-270.
- Atkins PR, Shin Y, Agrawal P, Elhabian SY, Whitaker RT, Weiss JA, Aoki SK, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2018). Which Two-dimensional Radiographic Measurements of Cam Femoroacetabular Impingement Best Describe the Three-dimensional Shape of the Proximal Femur? Clin Orthop Relat Res, 477(1), 242-253.
- Killian ML, Locke RC, James MG, Atkins PR, Anderson AE, Clohisy JC (2018). Novel model for the induction of postnatal murine hip deformity. J Orthop Res, 37(1), 151-160.
- Uemura K, Atkins PR, Maas SA, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2018). Three-dimensional femoral head coverage in the standing position represents that measured in vivo during gait. Clin Anat, 31(8), 1177-1183.
- Atkins PR, Kobayashi EF, Anderson AE, Aoki SK (2018). Modified False-Profile Radiograph of the Hip Provides Better Visualization of the Anterosuperior Femoral Head-Neck Junction. Arthroscopy, 34(4), 1236-1243.
- Uemura K, Atkins PR, Fiorentino NM, Anderson AE (2018). Hip rotation during standing and dynamic activities and the compensatory effect of femoral anteversion: An in-vivo analysis of asymptomatic young adults using three-dimensional computed tomography models and dual fluoroscopy. Gait Posture, 61, 276-281.
- Knight SJ, Abraham CL, Peters CL, Weiss JA, Anderson AE (2017). Changes in chondrolabral mechanics, coverage, and congruency following peri-acetabular osteotomy for treatment of acetabular retroversion: A patient-specific finite element study. J Orthop Res, 35(11), 2567-2576.
- Roach KE, Foreman KB, Barg A, Saltzman CL, Anderson AE (2017). Application of High-Speed Dual Fluoroscopy to Study In Vivo Tibiotalar and Subtalar Kinematics in Patients With Chronic Ankle Instability and Asymptomatic Control Subjects During Dynamic Activities. Foot Ankle Int, 38(11), 1236-1248.
- Anderson AE (2016). CORR Insights®: Head-Neck Osteoplasty has Minor Effect on the Strength of an Ovine Cam-FAI Model: In Vitro and Finite Element Analyses. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 474(12), 2641-2644.
- Wiewiorski M, Werner L, Paul J, Anderson AE, Barg A, Valderrabano V (2016). Sports Activity After Reconstruction of Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus With Autologous Spongiosa Grafts and Autologous Matrix-Induced Chondrogenesis. Am J Sports Med, 44(10), 2651-2658.
- Nichols JA, Roach KE, Fiorentino NM, Anderson AE (2016). Predicting tibiotalar and subtalar joint angles from skin-marker data with dual-fluoroscopy as a reference standard. Gait Posture, 49, 136-143.
- Roach KE, Wang B, Kapron AL, Fiorentino NM, Saltzman CL, Bo Foreman K, Anderson AE (2016). In Vivo Kinematics of the Tibiotalar and Subtalar Joints in Asymptomatic Subjects: A High-Speed Dual Fluoroscopy Study.LID - 10.1115/1.4034263 [doi]. J Biomech Eng, 138(9).
- Fiorentino NM, Kutschke MJ, Atkins PR, Foreman KB, Kapron AL, Anderson AE (2016). Accuracy of Functional and Predictive Methods to Calculate the Hip Joint Center in Young Non-pathologic Asymptomatic Adults with Dual Fluoroscopy as a Reference Standard. Ann Biomed Eng, 44(7), 2168-80.
- Wiewiorski M, Hoechel S, Anderson AE, Nowakowski AM, DeOrio JK, Easley ME, Nunley JA, Valderrabano V, Barg A (2016). Computed Tomographic Evaluation of Joint Geometry in Patients With End-Stage Ankle Osteoarthritis. Foot Ankle Int, 37(6), 644-51.
- Abraham CL, Bangerter NK, McGavin LS, Peters CL, Drew AJ, Hanrahan CJ, Anderson AE (2015). Accuracy of 3D dual echo steady state (DESS) MR arthrography to quantify acetabular cartilage thickness. J Magn Reson Imaging, 42(5), 1329-38.
- Barg A, Amendola RL, Henninger HB, Kapron AL, Saltzman CL, Anderson AE (2015). Influence of Ankle Position and Radiographic Projection Angle on Measurement of Supramalleolar Alignment on the Anteroposterior and Hindfoot Alignment Views. Foot Ankle Int, 36(11), 1352-61.
- Barg K, Wiewiorski M, Anderson AE, Schneider SW, Wimmer MD, Wirtz DC, Valderrabano V, Barg A, Pagenstert G (2015). Total ankle replacement in patients with von Willebrand disease: mid-term results of 18 procedures. Haemophilia, 21(5), e389-401.
- Kapron AL, Aoki SK, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2015). In-vivo hip arthrokinematics during supine clinical exams: Application to the study of femoroacetabular impingement. J Biomech, 48(11), 2879-86.
- Wang B, Roach KE, Kapron AL, Fiorentino NM, Saltzman CL, Singer M, Anderson AE (2015). Accuracy and feasibility of high-speed dual fluoroscopy and model-based tracking to measure in vivo ankle arthrokinematics. Gait Posture, 41(4), 888-93.
- Kapron AL, Aoki SK, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2014). Subject-specific patterns of femur-labrum contact are complex and vary in asymptomatic hips and hips with femoroacetabular impingement. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 472(12), 3912-22.
- Henak CR, Abraham CL, Peters CL, Sanders RK, Weiss JA, Anderson AE (2014). Computed tomography arthrography with traction in the human hip for three-dimensional reconstruction of cartilage and the acetabular labrum. Clin Radiol, 69(10), e381-91.
- Kapron AL, Aoki SK, Peters CL, Maas SA, Bey MJ, Zauel R, Anderson AE (2014). Accuracy and feasibility of dual fluoroscopy and model-based tracking to quantify in vivo hip kinematics during clinical exams. J Appl Biomech, 30(3), 461-70.
- Harris MD, Kapron AL, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2014). Correlations between the alpha angle and femoral head asphericity: Implications and recommendations for the diagnosis of cam femoroacetabular impingement. Eur J Radiol, 83(5), 788-96.
- Henak CR, Kapron AL, Anderson AE, Ellis BJ, Maas SA, Weiss JA (2014). Specimen-specific predictions of contact stress under physiological loading in the human hip: validation and sensitivity studies. Biomech Model Mechanobiol, 13(2), 387-400.
- Henak CR, Abraham CL, Anderson AE, Maas SA, Ellis BJ, Peters CL, Weiss JA (2014). Patient-specific analysis of cartilage and labrum mechanics in human hips with acetabular dysplasia. Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 22(2), 210-7.
- Harris MD, Datar M, Whitaker RT, Jurrus ER, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2013). Statistical shape modeling of cam femoroacetabular impingement. J Orthop Res, 31(10), 1620-6.
- Henak CR, Carruth ED, Anderson AE, Harris MD, Ellis BJ, Peters CL, Weiss JA (2013). Finite element predictions of cartilage contact mechanics in hips with retroverted acetabula. Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 21(10), 1522-9.
- Harris MD, Reese SP, Peters CL, Weiss JA, Anderson AE (2013). Three-dimensional quantification of femoral head shape in controls and patients with cam-type femoroacetabular impingement. Ann Biomed Eng, 41(6), 1162-71.
- Abraham CL, Maas SA, Weiss JA, Ellis BJ, Peters CL, Anderson AE (2013). A new discrete element analysis method for predicting hip joint contact stresses. J Biomech, 46(6), 1121-7.
- Henak CR, Anderson AE, Weiss JA (2013). Subject-specific analysis of joint contact mechanics: application to the study of osteoarthritis and surgical planning. J Biomech Eng, 135(2), 021003.
- Peters CL, Aoki SK, Erickson JA, Anderson LA, Anderson AE (2012). Early experience with a comprehensive hip preservation service intended to improve clinical care, education, and academic productivity. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 470(12), 3446-52.
- Kapron AL, Anderson AE, Peters CL, Phillips LG, Stoddard GJ, Petron DJ, Toth R, Aoki SK (2012). Hip internal rotation is correlated to radiographic findings of cam femoroacetabular impingement in collegiate football players. Arthroscopy, 28(11), 1661-70.
- Henninger HB, Barg A, Anderson AE, Bachus KN, Burks RT, Tashjian RZ (2012). Effect of lateral offset center of rotation in reverse total shoulder arthroplasty: a biomechanical study. J Shoulder Elbow Surg, 21(9), 1128-35.
- Barg A, Harris MD, Henninger HB, Amendola RL, Saltzman CL, Hintermann B, Anderson AE (2012). Medial distal tibial angle: comparison between weightbearing mortise view and hindfoot alignment view. Foot Ankle Int, 33(8), 655-61.
- Harris MD, Anderson AE, Henak CR, Ellis BJ, Peters CL, Weiss JA (2012). Finite element prediction of cartilage contact stresses in normal human hips. J Orthop Res, 30(7), 1133-9.
- Hansen BJ, Harris MD, Anderson LA, Peters CL, Weiss JA, Anderson AE (2012). Correlation between radiographic measures of acetabular morphology with 3D femoral head coverage in patients with acetabular retroversion. Acta Orthop, 83(3), 233-9.
- Henninger HB, Barg A, Anderson AE, Bachus KN, Tashjian RZ, Burks RT (2012). Effect of deltoid tension and humeral version in reverse total shoulder arthroplasty: a biomechanical study. J Shoulder Elbow Surg, 21(4), 483-90.
- Barg A, Elsner A, Anderson AE, Hintermann B (2011). The effect of three-component total ankle replacement malalignment on clinical outcome: pain relief and functional outcome in 317 consecutive patients. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 93(21), 1969-78.
- Kapron AL, Anderson AE, Aoki SK, Phillips LG, Petron DJ, Toth R, Peters CL (2011). Radiographic prevalence of femoroacetabular impingement in collegiate football players: AAOS Exhibit Selection. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 93(19), e111(1-10).
- Barg A, Knupp M, Anderson AE, Hintermann B (2011). Total ankle replacement in obese patients: component stability, weight change, and functional outcome in 118 consecutive patients. Foot Ankle Int, 32(10), 925-32.
- Henak CR, Ellis BJ, Harris MD, Anderson AE, Peters CL, Weiss JA (2011). Role of the acetabular labrum in load support across the hip joint. J Biomech, 44(12), 2201-6.
- Peters CL, Anderson LA, Erickson JA, Anderson AE, Weiss JA (2011). An algorithmic approach to surgical decision making in acetabular retroversion. Orthopedics, 34(1), 10.
- Anderson AE, Ellis BJ, Maas SA, Weiss JA (2010). Effects of idealized joint geometry on finite element predictions of cartilage contact stresses in the hip. J Biomech, 43(7), 1351-7.
- Allen BC, Peters CL, Brown NA, Anderson AE (2010). Acetabular cartilage thickness: accuracy of three-dimensional reconstructions from multidetector CT arthrograms in a cadaver study. Radiology, 255(2), 544-52.
- Henninger HB, Reese SP, Anderson AE, Weiss JA (2010). Validation of computational models in biomechanics. Proc Inst Mech Eng H, 224(7), 801-12.
- Peters CL, Erickson JA, Anderson L, Anderson AA, Weiss J (2009). Hip-preserving surgery: understanding complex pathomorphology. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 91 Suppl 6, 42-58.
- Anderson AE, Ellis BJ, Maas SA, Peters CL, Weiss JA (2008). Validation of finite element predictions of cartilage contact pressure in the human hip joint. J Biomech Eng, 130(5), 051008.
- Anderson AE, Ellis BJ, Peters CL, Weiss JA (2008). Cartilage thickness: factors influencing multidetector CT measurements in a phantom study. Radiology, 246(1), 133-41.
- Anderson AE, Ellis BJ, Weiss JA (2007). Verification, validation and sensitivity studies in computational biomechanics. Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin, 10(3), 171-84.
- Anderson AE, Peters CL, Tuttle BD, Weiss JA (2005). Subject-specific finite element model of the pelvis: development, validation and sensitivity studies. J Biomech Eng, 127(3), 364-73.
- Anderson AE, Ellis BJ, Weiss JA (2007). Verification, validation and sensitivity studies in computational biomechanics. [Review]. Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin, 10(3), 171-84.
- Todd JN, Anderson AE, Peters CL, Weiss JA (2019). Pathomechanics of the Dysplastic Hip. In Paul E. Beaule (Ed.). Springer Nature Switzerland AG.
- Diamond LE, Barrett RS, Modenese L, Anderson AE, Hall M (2021). Editorial: Neuromechanics of Hip Osteoarthritis. Front Sports Act Living, 3, 788263.
- Horisberger M, Barg A, Wiewiorski M, Anderson AE, Valderrabano V (2015). Ankle joint-preserving surgery in a patient with severe haemophilia and Noonan syndrome: case report and literature review. [Letter to the editor]. Haemophilia, 21(1), e105-8.