Rebecca Simmons, PhD, MPH is a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Utah in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Simmons directs the evaluation for the statewide contraceptive initiative, Family Planning Elevated, and works on other implementation research, including HER Salt Lake. Her research interests and expertise include fertility awareness-based methods, comprehensive contraceptive access, health technology, and implementation science.
University of Utah School of Medicine
University of Utah School of Medicine
University of Utah
- Sexsmith CD, Sanders JN, Simmons RG, Dalessandro C, Turok DK (2021). Contraceptive Method Uptake at Title X Health Centers in Utah. Womens Health Issues, 31(3), 219-226.
- Gawron LM, Simonsen S, Millar MM, Lewis-Caporal J, Patel S, Simmons RG (2021). Pregnancy Risk Screening and Counseling for Women Veterans: Piloting the One Key Question in the Veterans Healthcare Administration. South Med J, 114(3), 150-155.
- Turok DK, Gero A, Simmons RG, Kaiser JE, Stoddard GJ, Sexsmith CD, Gawron LM, Sanders JN (2021). Levonorgestrel vs. Copper Intrauterine Devices for Emergency Contraception. N Engl J Med, 384(4), 335-344.
- Hopelian NG, Simmons RG, Sanders JN, Ward K, Jenkins SM, Espey E, Turok DK (2021). Comparison of levonorgestrel level and creamatocrit in milk following immediate versus delayed postpartum placement of the levonorgestrel IUD. BMC Womens Health, 21(1), 33.
- Simmons RG, Myers K, Gero A, Sanders JN, Quade C, Mullholand M, Turok DK (2020). Evaluating a Longitudinal Cohort of Clinics Engaging in the Family Planning Elevated Contraceptive Access Program: Study Protocol for a Comparative Interrupted Time Series Analysis. JMIR Res Protoc, 9(10), e18308.
- Baayd J, Simmons RG (2020). Protocol for a process evaluation of Family Planning Elevated: a statewide initiative to improve contraceptive access in Utah (USA). BMJ Open, 10(10), e038049.
- Simmons RG, Jennings V (2019). Fertility awareness-based methods of family planning. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol, 66, 68-82.
- Gawron LM, Simmons RG, Sanders JN, Myers K, Gundlapalli AV, Turok DK (2019). The effect of a no-cost contraceptive initiative on method selection by women with housing insecurity. Contraception, 101(3), 205-209.
- Simmons RG, Sanders JN, Geist C, Gawron L, Myers K, Turok DK (2018). Predictors of contraceptive switching and discontinuation within the first 6 months of use among Highly Effective Reversible Contraceptive Initiative Salt Lake study participants. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 220(4), 376.e1-376.e12.
- Jennings V, Haile LT, Simmons RG, Spieler J, Shattuck D (2019). Perfect- and typical-use effectiveness of the Dot fertility app over 13 cycles: results from a prospective contraceptive effectiveness trial. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care, 24(2), 148-153.
- Geist C, Aiken AR, Sanders JN, Everett BG, Myers K, Cason P, Simmons RG, Turok DK (2018). Beyond intent: exploring the association of contraceptive choice with questions about Pregnancy Attitudes, Timing and How important is pregnancy prevention (PATH) questions. Contraception, 99(1), 22-26.
- Jennings VH, Haile LT, Simmons RG, Fultz HM, Shattuck D (2018). Estimating six-cycle efficacy of the Dot app for pregnancy prevention. Contraception, 99(1), 52-55.
- Turok DK, Simmons RG, Cappiello B, Gawron LM, Saviers-Steiger J, Sanders JN (2018). Use of a novel suction cervical retractor for intrauterine device insertion: a pilot feasibility trial. BMJ Sex Reprod Health.
- Haile LT, Fultz HM, Simmons RG, Shelus V (2018). Market-testing a smartphone application for family planning: assessing potential of the CycleBeads app in seven countries through digital monitoring. Mhealth, 4, 27.
- Starling MS, Kandel Z, Haile L, Simmons RG (2018). User profile and preferences in fertility apps for preventing pregnancy: an exploratory pilot study. Mhealth, 4, 21.
- Geist C, Cason P, Simmons RG, Sanders JN, Everett BG, Aiken AR, Myers K, Turok DK (2018). Response to the letter to the editor. [Letter to the editor]. Contraception, 99(3), 194-195.
- Geist C, Aiken AR, Sanders JN, Everett BG, Myers K, Cason P, Simmons RG, Turok DK (2019). Corrigendum to "Beyond intent: exploring the association of contraceptive choice with questions about Pregnancy Attitudes, Timing and How important is pregnancy prevention (PATH) questions" [Contraception volume 99 Issue 1 (2019) 22-26]. Contraception (99(3), p. 197). United States.