Dr. Yellepeddi is Research Associate Professor in the Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah. Dr. Yellepeddi is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah.
Dr. Yellepeddi’s research interests include the development of age-appropriate pediatric formulations and model informed pediatric drug development. He is currently working on research projects involving the development of a nasal formulation for the treatment of pediatric migraine and oral formulation for the postnatal therapy of cerebral palsy. His future research projects include Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling in pediatrics and development of in vitro models simulating microenvironments of various pediatric organs in normal and disease conditions. In addition, he is interested in the pharmacokinetics of nanotechnology-based therapeutics for the treatment of various disease conditions.
Dr. Yellepeddi is a licensed pharmacist in the State of Utah and advises pharmacists and pharmacy students on clinical pharmacology and compounding sterile and nonsterile dosage forms. Dr. Yellepeddi is a former chair of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Rocky Mountain Discussion Group and item-writer for the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP). His teaching interests include drug development for medical students, basic and clinical pharmacokinetics, and formulation and drug delivery for pediatrics and adults.
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah
Texas A&M Health Science Center
Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
- M Azzeh, M Battaglia, S Davies, J Strauss, P Dogra, and Yellepeddi VK (). Physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling to simulate amiloride pharmacokinetics following intranasal delivery. (Epub ahead of print) Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther.
- Dos Santos HT, Nam K, Gil D, Yellepeddi V, Baker OJ (2023). Current experimental methods to investigate the impact of specialized pro-resolving lipid mediators on Sjögren's syndrome. Front Immunol.
- Yellepeddi VK, Odeti S (2021). Remdesivir (Veklury) for the Treatment of COVID-19 in Hospitalized Patients. Am Fam Physician, 104(3), 311-312.
- Yellepeddi VK, Parashar K, Dean SM, Watt KM, Constance JE, Baker OJ (2020). Predicting Resolvin D1 Pharmacokinetics in Humans with Physiologically-Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling. Clin Transl Sci, 14(2), 683-691.
- Dogra P, Ruiz-Ramrez J, Sinha K, Butner JD, Pelez MJ, Rawat M, Yellepeddi VK, Pasqualini R, Arap W, Sostman HD, Cristini V, Wang Z (2020). Innate Immunity Plays a Key Role in Controlling Viral Load in COVID-19: Mechanistic Insights from a Whole-Body Infection Dynamics Model. 4(1), 248-265.
- Bolla PK, Gote V, Singh M, Yellepeddi VK, Patel M, Pal D, Gong X, Sambalingam D, Renukuntla J (2020). Preparation and characterization of lutein loaded folate conjugated polymeric nanoparticles. J Microencapsul, 37(7), 502-516.
- Biltaji E, Enioutina EY, Yellepeddi V, Rower JE, Sherwin CMT, Ward RM, Lemons RS, Constance JE (2020). Supportive care medications coinciding with chemotherapy among children with hematologic malignancy. Leuk Lymphoma, 61(8), 1920-1931.
- Rower JE, King AD, Wilkins D, Wilkes J, Yellepeddi V, Maese L, Lemons RS, Constance JE (2020). Dronabinol Prescribing and Exposure Among Children and Young Adults Diagnosed with Cancer. J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol, 10(2), 175-184.
- Yellepeddi V, Sayre C, Burrows A, Watt K, Davies S, Strauss J, Battaglia M (2020). Stability of extemporaneously compounded amiloride nasal spray. PLoS One, 15(7), e0232435.
- Yellepeddi VK, Baker OJ (2019). Predictive modeling of aspirin-triggered resolvin D1 pharmacokinetics for the study of Sjögren's syndrome. Clin Exp Dent Res, 6(2), 225-235.
- Bolla PK, Meraz CA, Rodriguez VA, Deaguero I, Singh M, Yellepeddi VK, Renukuntla J (2019). Clotrimazole Loaded Ufosomes for Topical Delivery: Formulation Development and In-Vitro Studies. Molecules, 24(17).
- Burrows AC, Yellepeddi VK, Snyder S, Wakefield M, Jackson D, Huynh J, Nguyen K, Sayre CL (2019). Development and Validation of a Stability-indicating High-performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for Quantification of Progesterone in Compounded Glycerinated Gelatin Troches. Int J Pharm Compd, 23(4), 340-350.
- Sayre CL, Cox C, Velazquez G, Le MT, Nguyen AH, Ramos M, Burrows A, Yellepeddi VK (2019). Chemical Stability of Progesterone in Compounded Oral Rapid-dissolving Tablets. Int J Pharm Compd, 23(1), 62-64.
- Sayre CL, Yellepeddi VK, Job KM, Krepkova LV, Sherwin CMT, Enioutina EY (2023). Current use of complementary and conventional medicine for treatment of pediatric patients with gastrointestinal disorders. [Review]. Front Pharmacol.
- Yellepeddi VK, Joseph A, Nance E (2019). Pharmacokinetics of Nanotechnology-Based Formulations in Pediatric Populations. [Review]. Adv Drug Deliv Rev, (151-152), 44-45.
- Vadlapatla R, Gayakwad S, Yellepeddi VK, Wong EY (2020). Needle-free injectors. In Eric Chappel (Ed.), Drug Delivery Devices and Therapeutic Systems (pp. 199-210). London, United Kingdom: Academic Press.
- Yellepeddi VK, Roberts JK, Escobar L, Sayre C, Sherwin CM (2018). The Relationship Between Pharmacogenomics and Pharmacokinetics and Its Impact on Drug Choice and Dosing Regimens in Pediatrics. In Alan Talevi, Pablo A. M. Quiroga (Eds.), ADME Processes in Pharmaceutical Sciences (1st Edition, pp. 203-222). Switzerland: Springer Nature.
- Yellepeddi VK, Sherwin CMT (2018). Model-based Dose Individualization Approaches Using Biomarkers. Montreux, Switzerland: Population Approach Group Europe.
- Yellepeddi VK, Azzeh M, Davies S, Strauss J, Battaglia M (2020). Physiologically‐based Pharmacokinetic Model to Predict Amiloride Pharmacokinetics After Intranasal Administration [Abstract]. 9(S2), 47-47.
- Yellepeddi VK, Wagstaff JS, Constance JE (2019). A Physiologically-based Pharmacokinetic Model for Intravenous Voriconazole in Pediatric Patients With and Without Cancer [Abstract]. 8(S1), 85-85.
- Yellepeddi VK, Mohammadpour R, Sayre C, Khambampati SP, Mishra MK, Kannan R, Ghandehari H (09/12/2018). Oral permeability and pharmacokinetics of a pediatric formulation for the treatment of cerebral palsy [Abstract].
- Dichwalkar T, Bapat S, Pancholi P, Yellepeddi VK, Sehdev V (2016). Omega-3 fatty acid conjugated paclitaxel dendrimers exhibit enhanced anticancer activity in various preclinical models of gastrointestinal cancers; also presented as a poster at the American Association of Cancer Research 107th Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA [Abstract]. Cancer Research, 76(14 Supplement), 2200.
- Yellepeddi VK, Radhakrishnan J, Radhakrishnan R (2016). Comparative Evaluation of Prostate Tissue Distribution Profiles of Four Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs in Rats; also presented as a poster at the American Pain Society Annual Meeting, Palm Springs, CA [Abstract]. The Journal of Pain, 17(4), S70.
- Dichwalkar TYellepeddi VK, Sehdev V (2015). Omega-3 Fatty Acid Conjugated Dendrimers for Delivery of Paclitaxel to Gastroesophageal and Pancreatic Cancers [Abstract].
- Vo A, Phan J, Dorigatti J, Talbot J, Yellepeddi VK (2015). Gastrointestinal stability and oral permeability of a novel rapid-acting antidepressant, Ro25-6981; also presented as a poster at the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Global Conference, San Francisco, CA [Abstract]. Pharmacotherapy: The Journal Of Human Pharmacology And Drug Therapy, 35(11), e318.
- Phan J, Vo A, Dorigatti J, Talbot J, Yellepeddi VK (2015). Development and validation of a rapid high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) method for the quantification of a rapid-acting antidepressant, Ro 25-6981 in various biological matrices; also presented as a poster at the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Global Conference, San Francisco, CA [Abstract]. Pharmacotherapy: The Journal Of Human Pharmacology And Drug Therapy, 35(11), e318.
- Mandal M, Yellepeddi VK (2015). Knowledge Retention of Biomedical Sciences (Immunology) Course [Abstract].
- Yellepeddi VK, Radhakrishnan J (2014). Formulation and chemical stability Studies of a preservative-free prochlorperazine nasal Spray for pain relief in migraine. [Abstract].
- Yellepeddi VK, Kim K, Radhakrishnan J (2014). Omega-3 fatty acid conjugated dendrimers for delivery of paclitaxel to multidrug-resistant ovarian cancer. [Abstract].
- Yellepeddi VK, Kim K, Radhakrishnan J (2014). Omega-3 fatty acid conjugated dendrimers for delivery of paclitaxel to multidrug-resistant ovarian cancer; also presented as a poster at the American Association of College of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting, Grapevine, TX [Abstract]. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 78(5), 111; pg 136.
- Yellepeddi VK, Nielson R, Chennamaneni SR (2013). Development of Dequalinium coated poly (D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles for paclitaxel delivery [Abstract].
- Yellepeddi VK, Kumar A, Vangara K, Palakurthi S (2010). Sensitizing drug resistant ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin therapy using surface modified PAMAM dendrimers [Abstract].
- Yellepeddi VK, Kumar A, Palakurthi S (2009). Dendritic cisplatin as a nanodevice for treatment of ovarian cancer. [Abstract].
- Yellepeddi VK, Kumar A, Palakurthi S (2008). Biotinylated Cisplatin-loaded PAMAM dendrimers for chemotherapy of ovarian cancer [Abstract].
- Kumar A, Yellepeddi VK, Palakurthi S (2008). Surface-modified polyamidoamine (PAMAM) dendrimers for sitespecific gene delivery [Abstract].
- Yellepeddi VK, Kumar A, Hildreth MB, Palakurthi S (2007). Cellular uptake studies of biotinylated PAMAM dendrimers in ovarian cancer cells in vitro. [Abstract].
- Venkata Kashyap Yellepeddi (2018). Preservative-free prochlorperazine nasal spray for migraine therapy. U.S. Patent No. US 10,617,682 B2. Washington, D.C.:U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.