About Our Programs
All of the programs offered through the Office of Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (OHEDI) are designed to foster curiosity in all of the sciences with an increased emphasis on Health Sciences in particular. All of the programs highlighted on this page share the following common traits.
- Attendees must register for attendance
- Attendees need not have attended previous sessions
- All programs are free to attend and participate
- Events are led by enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced instructors
- Students conduct hands-on science experiments
- Events provide opportunities for K-12 students to explore a variety of STEM topics
- Activities are engaging , informative, and fun
- Instruction corresponds appropriately to different grade levels
Underrepresented Scholarhip Fund
The Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine's Underrepresented Scholarship fund provides scholarships to students committed to providing medical care to diverse underserved communities. Doctors who reflect Utah's demographics are critical for a healthy, thriving community. Scholarship support gives students more opportunities to study and practice in Utah. Let's keep our best and brightest in Utah! Many qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds choose to go elsewhere due to scholarship support.